Top 20 Videos of 2018
Most Popular Videos of 2018
Let’s just say 2018 was a tough year for me personally, but the one thing that kept me on track and focused and kept me from going absolutely crazy was my training. For that, I thank God.
One of the biggest highlights in my online business was finally reaching the 10,000 subscriber mark on my YouTube Channel.
And each year, I like to do a Top 20 Video Countdown of my most popular videos, based on the number of views they received during the 2018 calendar year.
And that’s what I’m bringing to you, starting today. Right now, I’ve got numbers 20 through 16 and each day I’ll come in and add 5 more videos for your viewing pleasure.
One thing I will say is I was surprised how much more popular videos where I just sit down or stand there and talk are, than the training clips I upload. I’m sure that has to do with a combination of A) people have no clue what the hell I’m actually doing in those training clip videos, and B) I think viewers are very used to watching videos of personalities just talking into the camera.
Anyway, without further ado, let’s begin…
20. Which Size of Fat Gripz to Help Close Bigger Grippers? 692 Views
Fat Gripz videos are always popular. There were MULTIPLE Fat Gripz videos on the countdown last year, I think. And I believe this is because Fat Gripz are so widespread and have reached people in all walks of the iron game. Combine that with the topic of grippers, probably the most popular form of grip training, and you’ve got an easy Top 20 ranking video.
19. This Week in Grip – Episode 61 – The Shaw Grip Dissension 705 Views
Another magic key-word for my YouTube this year was Brian Shaw. If I uploaded something in relationship to him, viewers gobbled it right up. And how can you find fault with that, when Brian has one of the strongest grips in the world. Throw in the fact that he promoted grip probably more than anyone on YouTube besides me this year, except for maybe Jujimufu, and it just makes people want more Brian Shaw to cure their grip fever.
18. How Does the Captains of Crush Certification Work? 768 Views
One thing I noticed this year is that a lot of people don’t actually understand the process of how to get certified as a Captain of Crush. Many, many people think you can just drive up to my gym, I can watch you close your #3, and that’s all that needs to be done, but in reality, there’s more steps to go through than just that.
17. What’s Better for Hand Strength? Pinching or Grippers 773 Views
One thing I tried to do this year was make use of dead time, like when I was driving around in my car, in order to make YouTube videos. Especially if I got good questions or repeat questions, I would just hit record and start making a video. Which, if I remember correctly is exactly what I did for this one…
16. Can Anyone Deadlift 600+ Double Overhand, No Hook Grip? 798 Views
This was one of the videos I did this year that I actually got a fair amount of disagreement on. I actually feel that even at my strongest for Deadlifts, there are still a lot of people out there that can Double Overhand Deadlift more than me, and lots of them can hit 600+, even guys who don’t train their grip sspecifically. What do you think?
15. Near Clean and Push Press of Thomas Inch Dumbbell 800 Views/
At the grand opening of my gym, PEAK Strength and Fitness, I did a quick show and made some attempts at the Inch Clean and Press. Here’s the best one I got…
14. How Often Should You Train With Grippers? 822 Views
In this video I address a question I answered a long time ago, but back then I wasn’t quite as good at answering questions on video, so I took another stab this year, to try to be more clear.
13. Where Can I Buy the Thomas Inch Replica Dumbbell | Who Sells Thomas Inch Dumbbells 823 Views
I’ve sold Inch Dumbbell Replicas for Steve Slater for years, but once Junimufu and Brian Alsruhe put up videos about the Inch Dumbbell, I realized not everyone knew that, so I put this video up talking about the process for ordering one and getting the best shipping price.
12. Hardest Gripper Jedd Has Ever Closed 826 Views
Despite all my years in grip training, I’m honestly not a great gripper closer, because I don’t really enjoy training them that much. Here, I talk about some of my best gripper closes.
11. This Week in Grip – Episode 69 – Jujimufu & Tom Visit 832 Views
Here, Allen Heineck and I discuss the time Jujimufu and Tom visited PEAK Strength and Fitness for a grip workout, on their way to Canada for the OK Tour.
10. Clarifying My Viewpoint: “Grippers Are a Waste of Time” 840 Views
As I’ll openly admit, when I first started doing QnA videos, becak in like 2010-2011, I wasn’t the best at it. I’d sometimes drag on and on and often not even answer the question that well, due to going off on a tangent. In my original video, that’s exactly what happened and lots of people called me on it, so last year, I covered this topic again, and this time I believe I did a much better job.
9. How Do You Know if Your Grip is “Strong”? 858 Views
Many viewers have asked me over the years, how can they know if they have a strong grip, and what kind of numbers, feats, and grippers should they shoot for in order to be able to safely say they have a strong grip, so I covered a few of those things during December.
8. Never Before Seen Grip Combination Feat 867 Views
Once I was able to hit the 2x25kg Plate Pinch, I knew I had to do something to push the envelope a little further. So, I did this combination feat.
7. Dennis Rogers: Pound for Pound World’s Strongest Man? 1073 Views
Dennis Rogers is easily the most well-known performing strongman of our time, and I received a question about whether or not he was legit this year, which really surprised me, since I have never heard one single doubt about this man, in all my years. Without a doubt, Dennis is as legit as they come!
6. Is Hanging From a Bar Good for Grip Strength? 1203 ViewsHanging for time from a bar is probably one of the easiest ways to begin training your grip, and I’d be lying if I said I’ve never done it. However, how much will it help YOU, specifically? I go over this in this video. Remember, it’s all about getting the most and the best results possible, in my opinion.
5. Does “Greasing the Groove” Work for Grippers? 1254 Views
Always honest, in this video I address the question of whether or not grease the groove works for bringing up gripper strength.
4. If You Try to Trick Laine Snook, You Will Pay! 1217 Views
This was just a clip of the hilarious (and incredibly strong) Laine Snook, toying with a guy at the ice cream shop in Dubai. The dude would tease each person who wanted an ice cream cone, so Laine got his revenge.
3. Grip Strength: Jedd Johnson 2x25kg Plate Pinch 1329 Views
In this video, I become one of the few men who have been able to pinch 2x25lg plates, then I completely freak out at the end.
2. How does Jedd compare to Brian Shaw in Grip Strength? 1435 Views
Once Brian Shaw started pumping out Grip Strength Training videos last year, many new viewers came to my channel, and several wanted to know my thoughts about how I might compare to him. Seemed like a pretty cool topic to cover.
1. Jedd Johnson – Misses Are Just Warm-ups – Thomas Inch Dumbbell Clean 1713 Views
Here it is! My most popular video of 2018, getting over 1700 views. Another feat that I worked hard for, for several years, the Thomas Inch Dumbbell Clean.
There you have it, DIESELS! The Top 20 Video Countdown from 2018.
I’m sorry I couldn’t make it go a bit more smoothly. I am just so super busy with my gym and coaching business, that it was hard to keep this updated like I wanted.
I hope you enjoyed the videos, and you keep watching my content down the line.
For this year, I have set a goal for my YouTube Channel to hit the 15,000 subscriber mark in 2019. I’ve got lots of plans for how to make that happen, but if you’d like to help me get there, there’s 3 things I’d like to ask you to do for me:
1. Like My Videos: YouTube is always changing things in their algorithm, but one of the things that is consistent is that lots of Likes shows YouTube the video is popular. So, I do ask you to Like my videos when you watch them by hitting the Thumbs-Up button.
2. Comment Under My Videos: I always welcome discussion and questions about my videos, and this also seems to be a way that YouTube determines that the viewer is engaged. That doesn’t mean I need you to go down and say, “Nice Job,” every time I put up a new video (although it is certainly appreciated). But, if you have a comment to add to what I said, or a follow-up question, please go ahead and post it in the comments section, and I will do my best to write back a response, or I might even do a video response to answer your question.
3. Share My Videos: The absolute biggest impact you can have on helping me grow my YouTube Channel is for you to share my videos – whether it be on your favorite social media outlet, a website such as the griptraining sub-reddit, or the message boards and forums that are out there. Despite my best efforts, I still run into people who train grip but have absolutely NO IDEA who the hell I am. So by sharing my videos around, you might just be introducing me to my next subscriber. Thank you, in advance, for sharing my videos around in 2019.
And if you haven’t subscribed yet, make sure you do so today, and opt in for new video notifications on your phone, by clicking the little bell. Click here: Jedd Johnson YouTube Channel
Thanks and all the best in your training!
Articles You Might Also Like:
- Most Popular Videos of 2011 – Part 2
- My Most Popular Videos in 2011 – Part 1
- My Top 10 Videos of the Year, 2012
- Home Made Equipment to Help Lift the Inch Dumbbell
- Top 10 Videos of 2013 Countdown