The New Conquest – The Iron Grip Monster
I like to periodically set up new conquests in my training – new short term challenges to attain, especially in Block Weight Lifting, which is probably my most favorite type of training in the Grip World.
I recently heard about a Gigantic Block Weight that Odd Haugen had lifted. If you don’t know Odd, he is a Pro Strongman competitor that has been in the WSH qualifiers and finals. He has also competed at Mighty Mitts the last two years and has an awesome Grip.
I wrote Odd to find out more about this monstrous block weight and he told me he would send me one to work on.
I asked him if he had named it and he said he hadn’t but why not the Iron Grip Monster?
Sounds fitting to me, because this thing is huge.
Iron Grip Monster
Check out some of the measurements and specs on this piece:
- Half 125-lb Dumbbell
- Rubber Coated, but very slick from years of wear.
- +/- 5 5/8 inches across the sides
- +/- 7 5/8 inches across the face
- Sick laugh like Vincent Price every time someone tries to lift it and fails.
Here are the three sessions I have done, going for a lift of the Iron Grip Monster.
As you can see, the name Iron Grip Monster is no hyperbole – this thing is for real. It might take me another session or two to lift it, but I have it squarely in my sights and it will go up!
What Grip Goals are you working on? Leave a comment in the box below.
All the best in your training.
ON SALE 50% OFF UNTIL 10/28/2011 AT MIDNIGHT
Articles You Might Also Like:
- Jedd’s Training Update – Fire Walk with Me
- Jedd's Training Update – Fire Walk with Me
- Grip Strength Training – Block Weight Lifting
- Bi-Polar Training: Inch Dumbbell Plus Kettlebell Flip
- Grip Strength: Inch Dumbbell Training