Upcoming Feature at Diesel
Weekly Diesel Grip Feat Challenge
I’ve been thinking of ways to make the Diesel Crew site more interactive, and I think I have come up with a cool way to do it.
Starting next week, we will have the Weekly Diesel Grip Feat Challenge. Here’s how it will work:
1. Every Sunday, I will post a video of a Grip Strength Feat of some sort. It could be anything from Pinching, to Support, to Crushing, to Wrist Strength, or anything else in Grip.
2. You will then have until the following Friday to upload a video of yourself performing the Feat.
3. In the video, you must say your name and state the Feat you are doing for the Weekly Diesel Grip Strength Challenge, Something like this: “I’m Conway Martin, and this is my video for the 5-10’s Pinch Lift for The Weekly Diesel Grip Challenge at DieselCrew.com.” Then you just hit the feat on film!
4. You must then hit me with an email with the link to the video. I must receive the email with the video link no later than 8PM EST on the Friday of the challenge.
5. I will post all of the videos that have been submitted here on the Diesel site. My goal will be to post all of the videos I receive by Saturday at 8PM, EST.
6. Viewers at the Diesel site will leave comments, deciding who has the best video and who should win a prize. Voting will continue until Sunday at 8PM, EST.
7. Whoever is voted “Best Video” for the Weekly Grip Strength Challenge, will receive a special limited edition Diesel prize. What is it exactly? You’ll have to take part in order to find out!
8. Videos can not contain anything that may be offensive to Diesel readers. Getting pumped up is fine, but you WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED if you use racial, ethnic, sexual slurs and things like this. We do reserve the right to disallow a video if we deem it inappropriate.
500-lb Axle Deadlift (Photo – Kevin Cronin)
I think this is going to be a very fun and interactive feature here at the Diesel Crew site. I look forward to seeing all of your videos.
By the way, I’m not wasting any time getting started. The first Weekly Grip Strength Challenge will be posted here on the site on Sunday afternoon, January 2nd, 2011.
So get your chalk, and get ready to do some serious Grip Training in 2011.
Remember, the first challenge will be here this Sunday – don’t miss it!
If you have questions, please leave a comment below.
All the best in your training!
Articles You Might Also Like:
- Diesel Grip Strength Challenge – Week 7 Winner and Week 8 Feat
- Week 4’s Winner and Week 5’s Feat
- Week 4's Winner and Week 5's Feat
- Sledge Hammer Finger Walking
- Build Sick Strong Thumbs – Diesel Grip Challenge Week 13
Tags: block weights, feat of strength, grip feats, grip training, hand strength, loose pinch, pinch feats, pinch training, pinching
December 30th, 2010 at 10:26 am
I will enjoy taking part in this! its a good idea.
December 30th, 2010 at 10:57 am
Hey Jedd, is there a category for ‘without chalk’? Just a thought…for us guys who aren’t serious competitors in grip it may be interesting to try that. I haven’t used chalk on any of my grip work yet, probably should but I’m kind of used to it at this point.
December 30th, 2010 at 10:59 am
Sounds like fun bud, let’s giver!
December 30th, 2010 at 12:17 pm
@ Jason Steeves – Cool Jason. Glad to hear you will be taking part.
December 30th, 2010 at 12:19 pm
@ Todd – I hadn’t thought about that. Chalkless can be a factor in the voting for the winner. Like I said, I will not be deciding, it will be the Diesel Universe.
Take note, not all the feats will require chalk. Some of them may in fact be made more difficult in using chalk.
December 30th, 2010 at 12:20 pm
@ Gregory Jimenez,
Cool man! Hey did you get my email about TGA?
December 30th, 2010 at 12:38 pm
Yeah i will rejoin the grip Authority today. start the new year on a positive, Happy new year everyone.
December 31st, 2010 at 2:30 am
Jedd, I’m looking forward to putting up some videos!
December 31st, 2010 at 10:21 am
@Ben Edwards – That will be awesome bro!
January 9th, 2011 at 4:53 pm
What is this weeks challenge?
January 9th, 2011 at 6:15 pm
This week’s feat will be up in a matter of hours once I tally the votes! Thanks.
January 16th, 2011 at 12:13 am
January 12th, 2022 at 7:23 pm