Week 12 – Table Top Zottman Curls
It’s time to build forearms that resemble sick twisted steel cables…
Congratulations to Darren Shalliman on his win in Week 11 – See Below…
This Week’s Grip Challenge is a Hybrid Lift, combining the Zottman Curl and the and the Table Top Curl.
The Zottman Curl is a lift that I have included in many of my ebooks, including the Nail Bending eBook and Ultimate Forearm Training for Baseball. I include this lift because not only does it work the biceps, but it also stimulates the muscles that originate at the common extensor tendon, helping to reduce the effects of epicondylitis, because the eccentric portion of the lift is completed with the forearm pronated.
The Table Top Curl is a lift that arm wrestlers perform to train the bicep and forearm muscle at extreme angles. It is so named because it is normally performed on an actual table. A dumbbell is generally used (but doesn’t have to be, necessarily…)
For this week’s challenge we will combine these two lifts for an interesting test of bicep and forearm strength.
Check it out:
Aside from the standard rules that are posted below, please make sure to let us know what size of dumbbell you are using. This is important for the judges.
Rules for the Weekly Diesel Grip Strength Challenge:
1. Every Sunday/Monday, check DieselCrew.com to see what the Grip Feat is for the week.
2. Shoot a video of yourself by the following Friday completing the feat.
3. In the video, you must include the following phrase: “I’m ____________, and this is my video for the Weekly Diesel Grip Challenge at DieselCrew.com.” Hit the feat and upload it to YouTube!
4. The Information for your YouTube Video Must Be:
Title: “DieselCrew.com Grip Strength Challenge – Name of the Feat”
Description: http://www.dieselcrew.com Name of the Feat for the Week
Tags: Grip Strength, Grip Training, Hand Strength, Hand Strength Training, Strong Wrists
5. Email me at jedd dot diesel at gmail dot com with the link to the video. I must receive the email with the video link no later than 8PM EST on Friday.
6. I will post all of the videos that qualify here on the Diesel site. My goal will be to post all of the videos I receive by Saturday at 8PM, EST.
7. Viewers at the Diesel site will leave comments, deciding who has the best video and who should win a prize. Voting will continue until Sunday at 8PM, EST.
8. Whoever is voted “Best Video” for the Weekly Grip Strength Challenge, will receive a special limited edition Diesel Tee Shirt.
9. Videos can not contain anything that may be offensive to Diesel readers. Getting pumped up is fine, but you WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED if you use racial, ethnic, sexual slurs and things like this. We do reserve the right to disallow a video if we deem it inappropriate.
Thanks and all the best in your training.
Articles You Might Also Like:
- Build Sick Strong Thumbs – Diesel Grip Challenge Week 13
- Grip Strength Challenge – Week 11 – Towel Pull-ups
- Diesel Grip Strength Challenge – Week 7 Winner and Week 8 Feat
- Week 4’s Winner and Week 5’s Feat
- Week 4's Winner and Week 5's Feat