Too Fat to Fish
When you immerse yourself in the world of Stern, many things will immediately become clear:
- Robin does coffee enemas…a lot and is a 34 on the narcissism scale
- Benji is bipolar
- Fred is from Mars
- Howard hates blogging, Facebook, twitter and all other forms of social media (even though his whole career is based on providing his listeners with minute by minute details of his life everyday, thanks Gary Vaynerchuk for that observation)
- Artie snorted coke while wearing a pig costume for Mad Tv and he wrote a #1 best selling book, Too Fat to Fish
The book is named Too Fat to Fish because that is what Artie’s mom said to him when he told her he was going fishing.
Now even though Artie is a recovering heroine addict, has a passion for the Boss and throws CD’s when he is mad – you can’t help but love the guy.
His whole persona is that he is “every guy”. Worked manual labor jobs while he was struggling as a comedian, and never had a silver spoon in his mouth.
He is also a brilliant comic.
But Artie has a problem.
He is obese. He overeats. Either from emotional baggage, because he is bored or he just loves food and always has.
If you don’t listen to the show, you might not know it, but Artie was an athlete growing up. Always participating in sports and has even won challenges on the show for softball and basketball.
So why am I telling you this?
You will never get Artie in the gym, never. He won’t even consider it, BUT if you understand him and his background, there are alternatives.
As with all your clients.
If Artie was your client, what would you do to get him active again? Take him to the park and throw baseball with him, get him on the basketball court just playing a few simple games of H.O.R.S.E.
Get to know your clients and you’ll understand what works for them and will get them excited about getting fit.
There are TONS of tools out there; thick ropes, kettlebells, dumbbells, barbells, pick up game of basketball and everything else. Try different ones out and look for that spark.
Articles You Might Also Like:
- Diesel TV – Watch a Live Workout!
- Watch the Upper Body Bench Workout from Today
- Sport Camps and Clinics
- Recent DieselTV Workout
- Fast 15 Minute Muscle Building Workout
This entry was posted on Monday, March 30th, 2009 at 7:28 pm and is filed under how to build muscle, strength training muscle building workouts, strength training workouts, your daily inspiration. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.
About Jedd Johnson
One Response to “Too Fat to Fish”
Leave a Reply