The Kettlebell Bottoms Up Press
Bottom Position of the Kettlebell Bottoms Up Press
This week’s Grip Strength Challenge is the Kettlebell Bottoms Up Press.
This is so named because the kettlebell is inverted and balanced by gripping the handle throughout the pressing range of motion.
The Kettlebell BUP is a great way to test and train for Crushing Grip Strength while also training the pressing motion and building the shoulders, triceps, and traps.
In addition, this movement is considered Grip Integration, meaning it tests the strength and coordination over multiple joints, while the Grip remains a primary limiting factor in the movement.
To see how the lift is performed, check out this video:
(The entry deadline has been extended until Midnight on SATURDAY April 16, 2011)
Following are the specific rules for this week’s challenge:
1. You must clearly show the weight of the kettlebell used in the video.
2. The range of motion for the lift is from the bottom position where the hand is at the level of the shoulder to the point where the arm is fully extended in the press. The hand must return to the position near the shoulder in order to be counted as one full rep. Partial reps will not be counted.
3. Reps are counted from the beginning of the first press, until time runs out. I will keep track of time with a stop watch.
4. Switching hands is allowed, provided the full range of motion is attained with each hand. Setting the bell down is allowed.
Below are the rules and the process for submitting a video for the Weekly Diesel Grip Challenge:
1. Shoot a video of yourself by the following SATURDAY completing the feat.
2. The Information for your YouTube Video Must Be:
Title: “DieselCrew.com Grip Strength Challenge – Name of the Feat”
Description: http://www.dieselcrew.com Name of the Feat for the Week
Tags: Grip Strength, Grip Training, Hand Strength, Hand Strength Training, Strong Wrists
3. Email me at jedd dot diesel at gmail dot com with the link to the video. I must receive the email with the video link no later than 8PM EST on Friday.
4. I will post all of the videos that qualify here on the Diesel site. My goal will be to post all of the videos I receive by Saturday at 8PM, EST.
5. If a vote is required for the Grip Strength Challenge, viewers at the Diesel site will leave comments, deciding who has the best video and who should win a prize. Voting will continue until Sunday at 8PM, EST.
8. Whoever is voted “Best Video” for the Weekly Grip Strength Challenge, will receive a special limited edition Diesel Tee Shirt.
9. Videos can not contain anything that may be offensive to Diesel readers. Getting pumped up is fine, but you WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED if you use racial, ethnic, sexual slurs and things like this. We do reserve the right to disallow a video if we deem it inappropriate.
Looking forward to the videos!
P.S. Did you see the Wednesday Weigh-in? Check it out here = > Best Strength and Conditioning Conferences and Seminars
Articles You Might Also Like:
- Grip Strength Challenge – Week 11 – Towel Pull-ups
- Diesel Grip Strength Challenge – Week 7 Winner and Week 8 Feat
- Build Sick Strong Thumbs – Diesel Grip Challenge Week 13
- Upcoming Feature at Diesel
- Week 4’s Winner and Week 5’s Feat