Jedd Johnson’s Top Videos in 2017
For several years now, I’ve put together a list of my top videos of the year, based on number of views.
This isn’t always a “fair” comparison, because some videos have been up for a lot longer time than others.
This year, I’m including any videos I uploaded during December of 2016 in the countdown.
It’s interesting to see the topics that register into thee Top 20 every year.
One thing is clear, Fat Gripz are a very popular video topic on my channel. Part of that may have to do with the fact that I post those videos on Fat Gripz’s Facebook page, as well, so there’s more visibility. But there’s absolutely no doubt about it that there’s more awareness of Fat Gripz out there than there is Inch Dumbbell, Blob, and other much more common topics that I put up videos about.
Without further ado, here is the countdown, starting with number 20.
20. Warning: HARD Shoulder and Upper Back Training Method – 560
Although my biggest interest is Grip Strength, I also love all other forms of training and sometimes I put together some absolutely vicious combinations. Here’s one of them that I did this year for bigger shoulders and upper back.
19. Inch Hand-to-Hand Transfer – My First Time Ever – Right to Left – 590
Transferring the Inch Dumbbell from one hand to another is a feat that only a “handful” of people have done. I know that Adam Glass and Andrew Durniat have pulled it off, but can’t remember who else (if you know of anyone, please let me know). In 2018, I’d like to manage passing it from right to left and back to the right, or vice versa, as I don’t think anyone else has done that.
18. IronMind Stacker Training – 30lbs | Joe Sullivan – 601
Shortly after the New Year, Joe Sullivan came down for a training session. He brought several of his cool griplements, including the IronMind Stacker, that I don’t think I ad ever seen before.
17. A Version of Shrugs You’ve Never Done Before – 641
I tried these once this year, and instantly enjoyed them. Aside from their ability to build up the yoke, they also promote stability throughout the shoulder as well as the core.
16. This Week in Grip – Episode 2 – 1/22/17 – 660
This year, I finally was able to do two things I’ve wanted to do for a while: (1) Resurrect my old Grip Strength show/podcast, and (2) Bring more exposure to the great things going on in Grip Sport. Both became a reality when friend and log-time member of The Grip Authority, Allen Heineck. Also, later on this year, we brought Riccardo Magni aboard, as well, after having him on as a guest.
15. How to Build Grip Strength: Beginner Thick Bar Training | Awake and Alive – 669
I got invited to do a guest blog post this year – the first one I’ve done in a while, and all the videos from that post registered in this year’s Top 20.
14. Arm Wrestling Bench Curls – 675
There’s no denying the popularity of arm wrestling. I only put up a couple arm wrestling videos all year long, but they ended up in the countdown, and I didn’t even push them that hard.
13. How to Build Grip Strength: Beginner Grip Training with Modified Pullups | Awake and Alive – 701
Here’s another one from that guest post I mentioned before.
12. First Time Trying Pinch Pull-ups – 722
This was from the near beginning of the year. I think people were shocked that I was able to do these, but honestly, I think anyone could do these on this tool, as it rotates forward and takes a lot of pressure off the thumbs. I think the feat is over-rated, myself.
11. Jedd Johnson #4 Silver Bullet World Record 15.32 Seconds – 801
This is one I was definitely proud of. Hard to believe it has been almost ayear already since this record went down.
10. What’s Better? Gripper Negatives, or Holds? 972
This is a common question I get, and sometimes people are surprised by the answer I give.
9. How to Train for Grip Strength: Beginner Gripper Training Information | Awake and Alive – 1091
Look at that, another one from the guest post I did. Maybe I should do more of these?
8. Heavy Sledgehammer Levers | Joe Sullivan – 1100
Joe Sullivan is on a tear with sledgehammers. This is nothing compared to where he’s at now.
7. How to Train for Grip Strength: Plate Pinch for Beginner Grip Training | Awake and Alive – 1159
Let’s go over some plate pinching basics, brotherrrr!
6. This Week in Grip – Episode 1 – 1.15.17 – 1185
Here’s the very first episode of This Week in Grip, in case you’ve never heard it. Be sure to check it out.
5. How to Train for Grip Strength: Beginner Grip Training with Hammers | Awake and Alive
Now it’s time to build some serious wrist strength! Get your hammers out and start using them.
4. Training for Thicker Wrists and Forearms | Cooking with Napalm – 1317
In this video, I cover some tips on building bigger forearms.
3. First Time Ever – Double Old School York 45’s Pinch – 3840
Probably the highlight of my training year, I was finally able to perform the Double Old School York 45lb Plate Pinch.
2. Will Grip Training Build Big Forearms? – 4996
I get this question all the time, and took some time to answer it last year for my YouTube Clan.
1. Should I Get Regular Fat Gripz or Extremes? – 7202
Fat Gripz are so popular! I always seem to get a lot of views on videos about Fat Gripz. I’m thinking of doing more videos on Fat Gripz, showing training tips, some of my favorite drills, etc, because I think a LOT more people have access to Fat Gripz than other thick bar handles. Hopefully, if I do this, it will help bring more people into Grip Sport.
The Countdown is OVER, brotherrrr. Stay tuned for more videos coming your way soon.
Also, if there’s anything you’d like to see me cover on my YouTube Channel in 2018, please feel free to leave a comment below.
All the best in your training.