I’ve Got No Where Else to Go!Friday, March 20th, 2009
I’ve got a few clients I’ve been training who are frustrated.
They’re frustrated because they are not reaching their goals… QUICKLY.
The simple fact is, it takes time.
Whether your goal is to gain muscle or lose fat, it doesn’t happen over night. It takes day in and day out consistency.
For nutrition, remember the 80/20 rule? It means that if you stick to your sound nutritional plan 80% of the time, you will be successful. The other 20% would include your reward “day” after being consistent all week.
For strength training, everyone talks about the 23/1 rule. That basically says, during the 1 hour in the gym, we have to activate what has been shut down, mobilize what has become immobile and warm-up/train/rehab – to counterbalance the negative effects of the other 23 hours.
If you have clients that aren’t reaching their goals, you have to reel them back in. Do not allow them to slip on their nutrition by having them keep their food journal more diligently. Ensure their intensity in the gym is appropriate with their program. Provide them with the tools to build their support structure; family, friends, facebook support groups, etc.
This is not a game of 12 weeks and I’m done. You have to explain to your clients that this is a lifestyle change for there to be any chance of longevity.
Also, knowledge is power and the more you “teach” while you train, the better equipped your clients will be to make informed decisions moving forward.
Sometimes, you will have the “you’ve got no where else to go” moment and you have to be honest, dig in and recommit yourself back to consistency. Then you will be able to power through it and reach your goals.
Did you know that AMD is coming out soon? It is my new muscle building program that provides the “how-to” and the “why” on how muscle is build and the strategies to be successful – long term.
How to Build Muscle | Muscle Building Workouts | How to Lose Fat | Six Pack Abs | Build Muscle, Muscle Gaining Workouts | Build Muscle Membership Site