Save this link!
If you have any questions regarding this year’s Diesel Grip Contest, please post them here in the comments section! As questions are asked, I will update this post, so make sure you ask about anything you are unclear about.
At the beginning of the year, I announed GGC’s date for August 29th, 2009.
Now that Chad’s excellent Grip contest is out of the way, it is time to prepare for Nationals.
The events are all the same as last year with one sizable change and a few minor changes.
– Parallel set only – Credit Card set is out!!!!
– Tons of calibrated grippers will be used
2. Two Hands Pinch
– No changes here. Same as always. Multiple widths, depending on athlete preference.
– Double Overhand only
– Sumo is allowed.
– We will not do the mystery event this year. I know it was popular, but I feel it ended up too hard for the smaller handed individuals.
– All items will be announced.
– Some people may end up bringing things to use, but they will still be announced.
– Items will include Blob, Inch, Levering, Bending, Tearing, Loose Pinch, Block Weights, Rolling Thunder. Weights will be manageable for smaller handed individuals.
5. Weaver Stick (instead of bending)
– I want to include a wrist event
– I don’t want to include any bending
– Weaver Stick looks cool and is fairly easy to judge.
– It was a lot of fun at Gripmas
Entry fee is $50 and we are doing it at my house.
You must qualify for Nationals in one of three ways:
Qualification Chance 1: Athletes shall qualify for Nationals if they finish top 3 in a US Hand Strength sanctioned contest announced on the Gripboard between September 2008 and August 2009.
Qualification Chance 2: Athletes can also qualify for Nationals by completing 3 of the following feats during 2008-2009 competition:
- 1″ Vertical Bar – 290
2″ FBBC Vertical Bar – 200
Gripper – IM #3 or equivalent (140#), or 150# choker close
Reverse Bending – Grade 5×6″ bolt
Axle Deadlift – 290
Two Hands Pinch – 170
One Hand Deadlift on Olympic / Powerlifting Bar – 225
Qualification Chance 3: Complete any one of the following Wild Card feats:
- Close #4 Gripper with parallel set or wider (choker included)
Break US Record in Two Hands Pinch
Break US Record in 1-inch Vertical Bar (LGC Standard or FBBC Standard)
Break US Record in 2-inch Vertical Bar (FBBC Standard)
I think that’s about it. Post below here, if you have questions.