Directly from the pages of Combat Core.
Exercise: Sandbag Loaders
Hanging from a pull-up bar the lifter will load a sandbag or medicine ball to a partner or onto a platform. This compound torso building exercise ties in the upper back and lats with the abdominals and hip flexors.
- compound movement incorporating many muscle groups
- support grip strength endurance
- a variety of trunk postures can be executed, not just linear flexion / extension movements
- controlling the extension (eccentric) phase of the movement creates a balance of the musculature surrounding the hip
- Increase difficulty by increasing the weight in the sandbag, increasing the required loading height or by decreasing the rigidity of the implement (i.e. slosh ball or water keg).
The Diesel Crew
Articles You Might Also Like:
- Push Pull Workout for Powerful Upper Body Strength
- Ultimate Pull-up Video – How to Progress to Performing Pull-ups
- How to Building Muscle – Traps and Triceps
- The Other Side of Abdominal Training
- Powerful Lower Body Domination for Explosive Athletes
This entry was posted on Sunday, May 11th, 2008 at 8:03 pm and is filed under Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.
About Jedd Johnson
Leave a Reply