No Grip Challenge This Week – Diesel Classic Video Instead
This week there will not be a Grip Strength Challenge.
I am working on tying up loose ends for Grip Nationals which is this weekend.
Plus I will be away from Internet Service most of the weekend. We will pick back up with the Grip Strength Challenge next week!
However, that does not mean I do not have something cool for you to try.
I dug through the archives of Diesel Classic Footage and grabbed something from summer of 2003.
How I Got My First Blob
Shortly before making this video, I had bought my first Blob from Rick Walker. We had met at the Olive Garden in Horseheads, NY, and Rick, Rick’s Mom, Smitty, and I had a nice afternoon lunch, and then the Blob transaction was made. Once out to the parking lot, I fumbled around with the Blob for a bit until i finally picked it up after 3 or 4 attempts and walked several steps down the parking lot with it.
That was a great day!
A few workouts later, I brought the Blob up to the Gym in Horseheads and tried some crazy combination lifts with the Blob, one of which you will see below, along with a keg.
A few more points about the video (that I can remember)
- The Keg weighs roughly 150. We filled it with water out of a hose, but I can’t remember how we got the water in
- This was like the 4th damn try. The Blob kept slipping out of my hand.
- I was weighing like 226. I had just cut down from like 240 in order to compete in my first strongman contest in the lighter weight class so i didn’t get too badly schooled. Abs were RIPPED back then.
- Hair was highlighted. Do I lose cool points for this?
- That Song is “Tyler’s Song” by Coal Chamber. That’s one of my Top 10 Favorites. In the beginning of the Diesel Video Explosion, YouTube was not around, so we streamed all the videos off the site. Also at that time, I didn’t know how to capture the audio along with the video, so it was either bad Coal Chamber music or dead air over top of awesome strength feats.
I’ve got hundreds of more videos in the Diesel Archives. If you have been watching the site for a while and remember a Diesel Classic you’d like to see again, leave a comment below and I will try to find it and upload it for all to enjoy!
All the best in your training.
Sign up for Training Tips, Interviews, Reports and More
Articles You Might Also Like:
- Wild Card Grip Strength Challenge #3 – The Medley
- Upcoming Feature at Diesel
- Grip Training Using Kettlebells
- Diesel Grip Strength Challenge – Week 7 Winner and Week 8 Feat
- Build Sick Strong Thumbs – Diesel Grip Challenge Week 13
This entry was posted on Wednesday, July 13th, 2011 at 6:09 am and is filed under athletic strength training lift odd objects, feats, feats of strength, grip strength blob, strongman feats, strongman training log stone tire farmer. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.
About Jedd Johnson
5 Responses to “No Grip Challenge This Week – Diesel Classic Video Instead”
Leave a Reply