North American Grip Sport National Championship 2011
I am announcing the date of the 2011 North American Grip Sport Championship.
July 16, 2011
Events (subject to change):
- 20-mm Block Set Grippers
- Euro Pinch
- One Hand Deadlift (Stronger Grip Plateau Buster)
- Wrist Roller
- Possible 6th Event
Rules and Entry form will be posted soon.
To qualify for this contest, athletes must attain one of the following qualification levels.
Qualification Chance 1:
Athletes in the Open Class who Total Elite:
- Total of 800-lbs between Grippers, Axle, and Two Hand Pinch
- Finish in the top 3 out of 7 in your class (Novice, Open B, Open A) in a NAGS-sanctioned contest
- Finish in the top position of your class (less than 7 competitors) in a NAGS-sanctioned contest
Qualification Chance 2:
Athletes can also qualify for Nationals by completing 3 of the following feats during the 2010 – 2011 season in NAGS-sanctioned contests. (Can occur during multiple contests)
- 1″ Vertical Bar – 325
- 2″ FBBC Vertical Bar – 200
- Gripper – Close Level 13 Gold on the Vulcan or 150# Gripper Close (parallel or 20-mm Block Set)
- Bending – Grade 8×6″ bolt, Wrist Developer Level 5 Gold
- IronMind Axle Deadlift – 325
- Euro Two Hands Pinch – 200
- One Hand Deadlift on Olympic / Powerlifting Bar – 250
- 50-lb Blob to Lockout
- Rolling Thunder – 180
- Two 45’s Pinch to Lockout
Qualification Chance 3:
Complete any of the following Certifications during the 2010 – 2011 Grip season
- Certify for IronMind Captain of Crush (#3 or #3.5)
- Certify for IronMind Red Nail Roster
- Certify as Gripboard Mash Monster
Qualification Chance 4:
Complete any one of the following Wild Card feats during the 2010 – 2011 season in NAGS-sanctioned contests.
- Close #4 Gripper with parallel set or wider (choker included)
- Break US Record in Two Hands Pinch
- Break US Record in 1-inch Vertical Bar (LGC Standard or FBBC Standard)
- Break US Record in 2-inch Vertical Bar (FBBC Standard)
- Break US Record in the Axle Deadlift
Articles You Might Also Like:
- Grip Nationals
- Do Grippers Get Weaker Over Time?
- International King Kong Grip Challenge 2014
- Who Will Be the United States Grip Champion?
- Gripper Training Questions – The Metal Block Used with Grippers