North American Grip Sport National Championship 2011
I am announcing the date of the 2011 North American Grip Sport Championship.
July 16, 2011
Events (subject to change):
- 20-mm Block Set Grippers
- Euro Pinch
- One Hand Deadlift (Stronger Grip Plateau Buster)
- Wrist Roller
- Possible 6th Event
Rules and Entry form will be posted soon.
To qualify for this contest, athletes must attain one of the following qualification levels.
Qualification Chance 1:
Athletes in the Open Class who Total Elite:
- Total of 800-lbs between Grippers, Axle, and Two Hand Pinch
- Finish in the top 3 out of 7 in your class (Novice, Open B, Open A) in a NAGS-sanctioned contest
- Finish in the top position of your class (less than 7 competitors) in a NAGS-sanctioned contest
Qualification Chance 2:
Athletes can also qualify for Nationals by completing 3 of the following feats during the 2010 – 2011 season in NAGS-sanctioned contests. (Can occur during multiple contests)
- 1″ Vertical Bar – 325
- 2″ FBBC Vertical Bar – 200
- Gripper – Close Level 13 Gold on the Vulcan or 150# Gripper Close (parallel or 20-mm Block Set)
- Bending – Grade 8×6″ bolt, Wrist Developer Level 5 Gold
- IronMind Axle Deadlift – 325
- Euro Two Hands Pinch – 200
- One Hand Deadlift on Olympic / Powerlifting Bar – 250
- 50-lb Blob to Lockout
- Rolling Thunder – 180
- Two 45’s Pinch to Lockout
Qualification Chance 3:
Complete any of the following Certifications during the 2010 – 2011 Grip season
- Certify for IronMind Captain of Crush (#3 or #3.5)
- Certify for IronMind Red Nail Roster
- Certify as Gripboard Mash Monster
Qualification Chance 4:
Complete any one of the following Wild Card feats during the 2010 – 2011 season in NAGS-sanctioned contests.
- Close #4 Gripper with parallel set or wider (choker included)
- Break US Record in Two Hands Pinch
- Break US Record in 1-inch Vertical Bar (LGC Standard or FBBC Standard)
- Break US Record in 2-inch Vertical Bar (FBBC Standard)
- Break US Record in the Axle Deadlift
Articles You Might Also Like:
- Grip Nationals
- Do Grippers Get Weaker Over Time?
- International King Kong Grip Challenge 2014
- Who Will Be the United States Grip Champion?
- Gripper Training Questions – The Metal Block Used with Grippers
Tags: feats of hand strength, grip comp, grip competition, grip contest, grip training, hand strength
February 8th, 2011 at 12:48 pm
[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Jackie, scottbird and Shafeek Ariel , Davis Fitness Blog. Davis Fitness Blog said: North American Grip Sport National Championship 2011 http://bit.ly/g7SpKt […]
February 9th, 2011 at 9:26 am
awesome. time to start training harder again.
February 9th, 2011 at 10:44 am
I’ll be there. A great comp and location. Great events as usual.
February 23rd, 2011 at 6:56 pm
[…] This is one of the events at the 2011 North American Grip Sport National Championships in Crooksville, Ohio in July. Follow this link to see the posting on the Diesel Crew website: http://www.dieselcrew.com/north-american-grip-sport-national-championship-2011 […]
February 26th, 2011 at 9:10 am
Just booked my flight. This is going to be a great contest.
May 28th, 2011 at 5:30 pm
Looking forward to seeing the final events and entry form!
June 15th, 2011 at 12:33 pm
[…] see the exact tests of Grip Strength that will be taking place at Nationals, check out my Grip Strength Training page, […]
June 27th, 2011 at 7:30 pm
Well I’ll see about coming and bringing up the bottom a bit 😀