Stuff I Like:
- The Prowler
- The Water Bottle – in my Chaos Manual I talk about the need to land “softly”, to demonstrate the need to control deceleration. The water bottle is a perfect visual representation of this.
- Tire Grappling – I got into great detail of this exercise in my Combat Core manual and DVD.
- Hill Running
- Water Running / Recovery
- Db Clean & Press
- Sled Dragging
- Rice Digs
- Weighted Box Jumps
Stuff I Don’t Like:
- Rice does not prevent sprains and jams as suggested, but it does improve the comprehensive grip strength strategies and decrease the time of recovery after an acute event.
- Be careful with the yoga asanas that promote mobility of the lower lumbar.
- One of the players was wearing his high tops for his training session. TAKE THEM OFF!!! Ankle mobility for basketball players is a prominent issue and must be included in their programs.