Rest Pause Training – Step-ups and Rows
Building serious muscle doesn’t have to take hours and hour and tons of volume each workout.
You have to check this out!
Recently at the gym we hit some more rest-pause training (check out my previous post about fast bodybuilding workouts). I wanted to show you how we do it real time. We hit high box steps and rows with towels. I cried a little on the inside after each set. Damn I’m weak.
Needless to say during the movements I wanted to throw up and stop more than once.
Unfortunately, you have to pay the price to shorten the time in the gym AND get the benefits.
It all comes at the cost of your own sanity and it is a matter of increasing the intensity.
Muscle Building – Increasing the Intensity
How do you increase the intensity of a workout?
- Increase the load (weight)
- Modify the type of exercise (compound vs. isolation)
- Increase the speed of movement (dynamic, CAT, explosive, ballistic, speed-strength)
- Decrease the rest periods
- Increase the volume (sets x reps)
- Increase the range of motion (ROM)
If you modify ANY of these variables, the intensity of the workout will increase.
Articles You Might Also Like:
- Muscle Building Strength Training Exercises
- Great Tricep Finisher – Improve Pressing Power
- Two Killer Rest Pause Workouts
- Metabolic Core Training Exercise – Great for Conditioning and Power
- Fast 15 Minute Muscle Building Workout
This entry was posted on Monday, November 9th, 2009 at 11:30 pm and is filed under accelerated muscular development, how to build muscle, how to lose fat improve fat loss, strength training muscle building workouts. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
About Jedd Johnson
7 Responses to “Rest Pause Training – Step-ups and Rows”
Leave a Reply