Muscle Building Video – Core Strength / Leg Strength
Muscle Building / Strength Training Exercises
Core Training / Leg Training
Here are two videos from recent workouts. One shows a cool rotational core training exercise that no only improves rotational and decelerative core strength but it also incorporates the upper body.
The next video shows front squats, a staple in all good strength training programs (as long as there are no existing shoulder / wrist issues). Don’t forget if there are issues with the conventional front squat racked position you could; use a different bar, use a cross armed / bodybuilding rack or even use lifting straps tied around the barbell.
The thing you have to remember is that when you choose the right exercises in your program and you do them consistently, you get results fast. Real fast.
- pull-ups / chin-ups
- squats; front, back, zercher
- power cleans
- military press
- db clean & press
- good warm-up
- good flow
- good mobility
Benefits of Front Squats
- superior lower body strength
- ankle mobility
- core strength / rigidity
- knee stability
- upper back strength
- versatile, can be done with a variety of bars or odd objects
- you don’t have to push a huge grinding wheel around in a circle for years (even though it is cool as hell)
Benefits of Rotational Halos
- upper back mobility
- decelerative (anti-rotation) abilities
- rotational abilities
- power creation for athletes
Articles You Might Also Like:
- Cool Rotational KB Movement
- Core Strength – What are the Top 5 exercises?
- Top 5 Simple Muscle Building Tips – Essential Mass Building Exercises
- In-Season Conditioning Circuits
- How to Build Muscle – Massive Shoulders
This entry was posted on Thursday, January 21st, 2010 at 11:00 pm and is filed under accelerated muscular development, core workouts for athletes, how to build muscle, strength training muscle building workouts, strength training to improve athletic performance. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
About Jedd Johnson
7 Responses to “Muscle Building Video – Core Strength / Leg Strength”
Leave a Reply