Muscle Building – Giant Sets for a Big Back
Everyone wants to fill out a shirt.
Now there are a few different ways you can do it.
- Build a big chest
- Build big arms
- Build a big back
- Wear 4 shirts (All my collars are popped SON, that’s real)
We’ll focus on building a big back today. (Shhh…don’t tell anyone but I’m writing this post with 4 shirts on, and yes they’re popped)
Giant Sets for Serious Muscle Building
What are Giant Sets?
Giant sets are a continuous linking of exercises (2 or more), targeting the same or similar muscle groups. These are different than supersets, where supersets typically target opposing (non-competing) musculature and are usually on done with 2 exercises.
Try to limit the rest period between exercises to optimize your training benefits, such as building muscle, creating a high lactate environment and growth hormone release.
In the video, we show you two versions of the same giant set, but done with slightly different exercise variations.
We attack the back at different angles:
- Vertical Pull – pull-ups, target – back, biceps, shoulders, grip
- Horizontal Pull – rows, target – back
- Horizontal (Transverse) Abduction – flyes, target – shoulder
Sample Big Back Giant Set – Version 1
1a) Towel Pull-ups – wrapped around bar
1b) DB Rows – Two Arm Supported
1c) One Arm Posterior Flyes
Sample Big Back Giant Set – Version 2
1a) Towel Pull-ups – hanging
1b) DB Rows – One Arm Supported
1c) Two Arm Posterior Flyes
Articles You Might Also Like:
- Ultimate Pull-up Video – How to Progress to Performing Pull-ups
- Big Biceps Training – Best Bicep Exercises
- Back Off! Massive Muscle Building for Your Back
- Iron Cross Banded Good Mornings
- How to Do Rows for a Bigger Stronger Back