Grip Strength Challenge – One Hand / Arm Deadlift
One of the simplest ways to build and test your Grip Strength is with Deadlifts – pulling big weight off the ground. The One Arm / One Hand Deadlift is an awesome variation with many benefits…
- No Special Equipment Needed
- Build Support Grip Strength
- Works the Forearms
- Builds the Traps
- Builds Lower Back and Glute Strength
With all of these benefits in mind, this is why I chose this movement for this week’s Grip Strength Challenge.
How to Perform the One Hand Deadlift – Photos
Performing the One Hand Deadlift (Straddle Version)
Rules of the Challenge
1. Load the bar with 185-lbs. The largest plate should be no larger than a normal 45-lb plate or 20-kg plate.
2. The bar must be gripped in the center. Knurled or non-knurled bars are allowed. Chalk is allowed. No hook Grip is allowed.
3. Lift the bar from the ground to a point where the entire bar is above knee height.
4. The submission voted “Best Video” by the Diesel Universe will be the winner. One vote per I.P. address.
4. The Title, Description, and Tags must meet the guidelines as shown below.
Below are the rules and the process for submitting a video for the Weekly Diesel Grip Challenge:
1. Shoot a video of yourself by this FRIDAY performing the challenge.
2. The Information for your YouTube Video Must Be:
Title: “DieselCrew.com Grip Strength Challenge – One Hand Deadlift”
Description: http://www.dieselcrew.com One Hand Deadlift
Tags: Grip Strength, Grip Training, Hand Strength, Hand Strength Training, Strong Wrists
3. Email me at jedd dot diesel at gmail dot com with the link to the video. I must receive the email with the video link no later than 8PM EST on Friday.
4. I will post all of the videos that qualify here on the Diesel site. My goal will be to post all of the videos I receive by Saturday at 8PM, EST.
5. If a vote is required for the Grip Strength Challenge, viewers at the Diesel site will leave comments, deciding who has the best video and who should win a prize. Voting will continue until Sunday at 8PM, EST. One vote per I.P. address is allowed.
8. Whoever is voted “Best Video” for the Weekly Grip Strength Challenge, will receive a special Diesel Tee Shirt.
9. Videos can not contain anything that may be offensive to Diesel readers. Getting pumped up is fine, but you WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED if you use racial, ethnic, sexual slurs and things like this. We do reserve the right to disallow a video if we deem it inappropriate.
Good luck and enjoy the One Arm Deadlift!
Sign up for the NEW DIESEL Strength and Fitness Newsletter
& receive an Exclusive Interview I conducted with World Record Powerlifter AJ Roberts.
In this interview, we discuss the concepts of the Westside Method
as well as AJ’s Mental Approach toward producing these World Record Numbers.
It truly is a look into the MIND OF A CHAMPION!
Articles You Might Also Like:
- Build Sick Strong Thumbs – Diesel Grip Challenge Week 13
- Diesel Grip Strength Challenge – Week 7 Winner and Week 8 Feat
- Grip Strength Challenge – Week 11 – Towel Pull-ups
- Upcoming Feature at Diesel
- Week 4’s Winner and Week 5’s Feat
This entry was posted on Tuesday, April 26th, 2011 at 2:08 pm and is filed under athletic strength training lift odd objects, grip strength, grip strength competition contest, how to improve grip strength, old strongman feats of strength, strength training powerlifting, strength training to improve athletic performance. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
About Jedd Johnson
Leave a Reply