How to Bench Press – Learn to Pull the Bar Apart
This innovative technique for increasing your bench press weight comes from AJ Roberts an elite powerlifter sponsored by Elitefts.com.
The lifter will place an elastic band around their wrists that is tight when they move their hands into their bench position.
The tension on the band has two benefits:
1. Causes the lifter to squeeze the bar harder creating more tension.
MORE TENSION = MORE STRENGTH
2. Forces the lifter to “pull the bar apart”. This not only engages the lats, but increases the tension more.
BENCH IS A FULL BODY LIFT
Engaging the lats improves form and protects the shoulders.
Visit AJ’s site at http://www.hardcorestrengthcoach.com
Articles You Might Also Like:
- A New Look at Planks
- Bench Press Tip: Activate Lats for Stronger, Safer Bench Press
- Shoulder Rehab and Louie Simmons
- How to Bench Press
- Full Body Tension Training