High Intensity Metabolic Training – Powerful Prowler Combination
High Intensity Metabolic Training
Powerful Prowler Combination
I am training two MMA fighters for their upcoming fights on August 6th. We recently did a killer prowler finisher after their lower body workout.
CHECK OUT THE REST OF THIS KILLER POST AFTER THE JUMP
The finisher consisted of a prowler push followed immediately by a hand-over-hand thick rope pull. It was brutal.
Of course I did the same finisher because I would never ask my athletes to do any training if I haven’t done it myself.
Remember that. Anyone can “write” a program. But you have to do the workout / program to understand how it feels and understand what it accomplishes. What type of adaptations will occur. Your athletes will never respect you if you are not willing to show them the exercises.
How many strength coaches do you know that never train with their athletes? How many look like they have never trained?
Here are some other really good prowler combinations:
- Prowler pushes into bodyweight exercises; push-ups, jumping squats, lunges, burpees
- Prowler pushes into sprints
- Prowler pushes into kettlebell swings
- Prowler pushes into medicine ball throws
- Prowler pushes into tire flips
Hand-Over-Hand Rope Pull
Check out AMD Muscle Building
Check out Chaos Training for Athletes
Check out Core Training
|Spread The Word|
Smitty on Twitter
|Copyright© 2010 The Diesel Crew, LLC. All rights reserved.
You may not reproduce this article or post.
Articles You Might Also Like:
- Cool Dip / L-sit Workout Finisher
- Big Biceps Training – Best Bicep Exercises
- Push Pull Workout for Powerful Upper Body Strength
- Mess You Up Conditioning
- Great Tricep Finisher – Improve Pressing Power
Tags: athletic strength training, brutal conditioning, combat athletes, conditioning, elite fitness, fat loss, grip strength, high intensity metabolic training, metabolic workouts, mma, power leg training workouts, prowler, strength training for athletes, thick rope training, ufc