Core Strength – What are the Top 5 exercises?
Here is a recent post directed to me on the Elite Q/A:
Jim what are your 5 favorite standing abdominal movements?
In no particular order, here are some of the top abdominal exercises.
– zercher squat, bracing the torso, under tension, while engaging movements of the lower body
– explosive med ball rotational throws, no deceleration
– core statics – lateral shuffles with agitation and breathing regulation, anti-rotation
– pull-ups – upper back muscular is an essential component of core strength
– deadlifts – full body movement requiring bracing (rigidity) and is essential for developing posterior chain, the other half of the core
Articles You Might Also Like:
- Muscle Building Video – Core Strength / Leg Strength
- Zercher Squats and Huge Feedback!
- Powerful Lower Body Domination for Explosive Athletes
- Top 5 Bodyweight Training Exercises
- Hardest Core Exercise – Part II – Dragon Flags with Bruce Lee Son!
This entry was posted on Tuesday, January 20th, 2009 at 7:33 pm and is filed under strength training muscle building workouts, strength training to improve athletic performance, strength training workouts. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.
About Jedd Johnson
6 Responses to “Core Strength – What are the Top 5 exercises?”
Leave a Reply