Core Strength – What are the Top 5 exercises?
Here is a recent post directed to me on the Elite Q/A:
Jim what are your 5 favorite standing abdominal movements?
In no particular order, here are some of the top abdominal exercises.
– zercher squat, bracing the torso, under tension, while engaging movements of the lower body
– explosive med ball rotational throws, no deceleration
– core statics – lateral shuffles with agitation and breathing regulation, anti-rotation
– pull-ups – upper back muscular is an essential component of core strength
– deadlifts – full body movement requiring bracing (rigidity) and is essential for developing posterior chain, the other half of the core
Articles You Might Also Like:
- Muscle Building Video – Core Strength / Leg Strength
- Zercher Squats and Huge Feedback!
- Quick Kettlebell / Bodyweight Workout – Part II
- Top 5 Bodyweight Training Exercises
- Powerful Lower Body Domination for Explosive Athletes