Advanced Torso Training Revealed!
Here is an exclusive look at one of the advanced torso training exercises found in the new Combat Core DVD.
Typical Abdominal Strength Training Means:
Hanging Leg Lifts
Issue: In sport and real life, movement is not restricted to patterns. When you develop athletes, if you restrict their training to only externally loaded patterned movements, you will be missing the point of preparation. We must bridge the gap from typical strength training to SPP and sport execution.
Just like Powerbombs, here is another Diesel original:
Chaotic Abdominal Strength Training Means:
Hanging Soccer Kicks
– Coordinated movements of the torso and trunk. Putting the lat (responsible for protecting and stabilizing the shoulders and spine) on tension while engaging movements of the trunk.
– Random movements
– Foot / Eye coordination
– Endurance of the upper back and grip musculature
Articles You Might Also Like:
- The Other Side of Abdominal Training
- Core Strength – What are the Top 5 exercises?
- Powering Up Your Plank – Guest Blog Post
- Quick Kettlebell / Bodyweight Workout – Part II
- Core Strength Training | Decline Ab Wheel Roll Outs
This entry was posted on Tuesday, June 17th, 2008 at 5:50 am and is filed under Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.
About Jedd Johnson
4 Responses to “Advanced Torso Training Revealed!”
Leave a Reply